Author Topic: New member with new VJB.  (Read 568 times)

Offline chuckie

• Chesapeake, Va
  • VJB#1 Make: Glastron
New member with new VJB.
« on: July 10, 2011, 07:47:01 AM »
Hello all. I am a new member with a new to me 1972 Glastron CV-19 with a 350 and Berkeley jet. It is the same boat (model) the 007 used in the movie "Live and let Die". It's the second boat he stole in the movie. The boat is in pretty good shape structurally. The interior is in great shape with just some wear on the rear seats where the engine covers slides past them. The top has been repainted and needs redone. I have only had the boat a week now and finally got it started yesterday. The engine runs great. It only has 310 hours on it. But things are showing their age. The Quadrajet carb leaks everywhere. The waterpump is leaking around the back plate and both of the exhaust manifolds are leaking water from rust spots. I'm sure they are beyond repair so I'm looking for new ones now. I probablywould have past on it if it wouldnt have been that the transom and stringers are still as solid as the day the boat was built.

I'm not looking to do anything crazy with it. I would like to restore it back to original except maybe a few more horsepower.

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • Fair Oaks, CA
    • FaceBook
  • VJB#1 Make: Galaxie
  • VJB#2 Make: PMS (Pacific Marine Service)
Re: New member with new VJB.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 08:16:35 AM »
Hey Chuckie... Welcome to VintageJetBoats.com
That sounds like a great boat! There was one for sale here just a little while ago...
You can check it out here---> http://www.vintagejetboats.com/forum/index.php?topic=722.0
Let's see some pics soon huh?
Keep your Hot Boat wet @ VintageJetBoats.com | VintageJetBoat.com | VJBForum.com | VJB4um.com | VintageHotBoat.com

Offline chuckie

• Chesapeake, Va
  • VJB#1 Make: Glastron
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 08:54:30 AM »
Yea, I saw it on Craigslist when he had it on there. I tried to go look at it but someone beat me to it. Would have been nice to get the 455 Olds. Luckly I found two CV-19 on Craigslist at the same time kinda close to me.

Offline 78_Tahiti

• Global Moderator
  • Jet boat exerciser
    • NorCal
  • VJB#1 Make: Tahiti
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 11:40:13 AM »
Welcome Chuckie! sounds like people are finding those Old Glastrons all over! Post up a couple of pictures! Us old guys love old jet boat pics
If It Floats, F@cks, or Flies, Its Cheaper to RENT IT!

Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum
http://www.vintagejetboats.com