Author Topic: Seats  (Read 556 times)

Offline durby

• Oroville, CA
  • VJB#1 Make: Kona
Seats
« on: July 18, 2011, 08:00:42 PM »
New member first post

A family member just handed me a 1974 Kona / 455 olds / Berkley Jet Drive.  However, in the time he had the boat he completely gutted the interior and tossed it.  He began crafting bench seats all the way down each side which are not practical when just out joy riding.  Is there anyplace that sells the bucket / bench combo seats for each side of the boat or do I have to hand craft them? 

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • Fair Oaks, CA
    • FaceBook
  • VJB#1 Make: Galaxie
  • VJB#2 Make: PMS (Pacific Marine Service)
Re: Seats
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 08:16:34 PM »
Welcome to VintageJetBoats.com!

Rumor has it that you can get VW Bug fiberglass bench seats that fit real well in the width of a jet boat. Can't remember where I heard or saw that but I would Google fiberglass bench seats and see what you find.
Fiberglass buckets should be pretty easy to locate as we and then it's just a matter of putting a base down to set them on.
Most of us use 2x material and then resin it up after install to protect it from the water.

Keep your Hot Boat wet @ VintageJetBoats.com | VintageJetBoat.com | VJBForum.com | VJB4um.com | VintageHotBoat.com

Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum
http://www.vintagejetboats.com