Author Topic: Help with a vjb  (Read 2027 times)

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • Fair Oaks, CA
    • FaceBook
  • VJB#1 Make: Galaxie
  • VJB#2 Make: PMS (Pacific Marine Service)
Re: Help with a vjb
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011, 08:34:25 PM »
my 1982 21' Sleek with the split windshield, but its an open bow
That is a great pic, thanks for sharing Sleek!!!
Keep your Hot Boat wet @ VintageJetBoats.com | VintageJetBoat.com | VJBForum.com | VJB4um.com | VintageHotBoat.com

Offline jet_the_boat

• Ozark, Missouri
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2011, 09:11:39 PM »
I'm still digging for info, he's on his way home from the East coast so it'll be tomorrow before I get an HIN if I even do. He says there's a tag on the left side next to the drivers seat that says Mariner.

Offline wolfie

• NUTTZ
    • Draper, UT 35 minutes from Utah Lake
  • VJB#1 Make: Eliminator
  • VJB#2 Make: Sundance
  • Other Boat#1 Make: Naples Sabot
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2011, 10:18:47 PM »
my 1982 21' Sleek with the split windshield, but its an open bow
That is a great picture. Where was that????
"Save the Endangered Tree Octopus! It's as real a threat to our planet as global warming!" http://zapatopi.net/treeoctopus/

Offline thompy

• Menominee, the UP
  • VJB#1 Make: 74 CobraJet
  • VJB#2 Make: Avantage
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2011, 06:58:32 AM »
i saw one last week,  i think it was one bay,  really want to say it was a tahiti

Offline jet_the_boat

• Ozark, Missouri
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2011, 10:19:36 AM »
More pictures. The boat is from what I can figure out a MARLIN does this sound accurate? Typed in Marlin and found a bunch of identical pictures to it..

Offline wolfie

• NUTTZ
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2011, 10:48:50 AM »
Sounds about right. Looks like a Marlin Lunar in jet trim. Here's one that was on PB and some brochures I found.

"Save the Endangered Tree Octopus! It's as real a threat to our planet as global warming!" http://zapatopi.net/treeoctopus/

Offline jet_the_boat

• Ozark, Missouri
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2011, 02:22:41 PM »
Does anyone know anything about the Marlin boats? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Offline wolfie

• NUTTZ
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2011, 02:44:16 PM »
It all depends on what you want to do with it. If you're buying it to have fun with, just make sure all the rigging is functional and safe, the stringers have no delamination, the hull and deck have no cracks or holes and is structurally sound, and everything is mounted correctly. Back in the day there were some boats that were manufactured just to get them out the door and there were some problems with them. After 20-30+ years most of these boats have either had the bugs worked out, or are in the scrap heap.

If you're planning on making it a 90-100 MPH boat, I'd really look into it in more depth. Maybe look for a boat that was better set up for those speeds. Most of the boats were manufactured as family fun boats and not meant for those types of speed.

This is just my 2cts. There are others here more qualified to answer this than I am, but again, it's all based on what you want to do with it.

Offline Sleek Freak

• NUTTZ
    • Hooper Utah
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2011, 04:40:55 PM »
Wolfie that picture was taken at Willard Bay.

Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum
http://www.vintagejetboats.com