Author Topic: 1979 rogers  (Read 925 times)

Offline sandy1862

• houston,tx
  • VJB#1 Make: rogers
1979 rogers
« on: March 31, 2011, 12:41:21 PM »
i just got a 79 rogers jet boat day cruiser. anyone here know anything about them? the vin number starts with rcbc,and i couldn't find anything on the coast guard website. this boat is up for sale,but i would like some info about these boats if anyone can help i would appreciate it.

Offline roblock

• Eureka Ca
  • VJB#1 Make: Rowdy Manufacturing
Re: 1979 rogers
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 06:38:32 PM »
 Good luck man....

I have the same problem with my Sandollar. Vin# does nothing, and no coast gaurd info. If I google variations of a search for Sandollar, I only find references to past private adds that are now expired, no pics, no nothin  :41616-4:

The Title cleared just fine, so that was good. I know I am the 4rth owner. I keep meaning to ask the friend I bought it from, to ask his cousin (whom he bought it from) if he could possilby contact the original owner. That might enable me to track down the dealer who sold it new and ask some questions.

I did find Sandollar listed at sites that have a comprehensive list of boat builders. But that was ALL I got. You might try that...

The only useful info I got on Sandollar was from Steve at Panther jets (who is currently unavailable due to medical issues) but it was only in reference to build quality, not any detailed info on the company itself. So you may want to try something like that...

If nothing else, enjoy having something fairly rare.  :cheers:

Offline roblock

• Eureka Ca
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 06:56:46 PM »
Here is one of the lists I found sandollar on, but they are few... No rogers on this one, but keep looking.

http://www.theboatingexchange.com/Boats_For_Sale/CPHelp/CPSerialNo.htm

Offline 76 Bonneville

• Valley Center Ca.
  • VJB#1 Make: Rogers
  • VJB#2 Make: Rogers
  • VJB#3 Make: Advantage
  • Other Boat#1 Make: 74 Rogers Super Cyclone
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 09:20:15 PM »
i just got a 79 rogers jet boat day cruiser. anyone here know anything about them? the vin number starts with rcbc,and i couldn't find anything on the coast guard website. this boat is up for sale,but i would like some info about these boats if anyone can help i would appreciate it.
Not an expert, but I do own 5 of them, 1 - 18' Cyclone, 2 - 18' Super Cyclones ans 2 - 19' Bonnevilles. If this the one that is listed for sale on PB, it's a 20' Bonneville Classic. Not a 21' VIP as someone stated. It looks like the one that was listed a couple of years ago in the San Diego C/L. I believe the interior was redone and up for sale in Temecula after that. Here's a brochure on it. Also have test reports from 1979 Power Boat Mag, and price list from 1986.
Ron

Offline roblock

• Eureka Ca
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 10:07:28 PM »
It's a beautiful thing...

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • Fair Oaks, CA
    • FaceBook
  • VJB#1 Make: Galaxie
  • VJB#2 Make: PMS (Pacific Marine Service)
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 06:47:20 AM »
Hey thanks for the brochure... Added it to our collection...
Keep your Hot Boat wet @ VintageJetBoats.com | VintageJetBoat.com | VJBForum.com | VJB4um.com | VintageHotBoat.com

Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum
http://www.vintagejetboats.com