Author Topic: Web site to look up hull VIN numbers  (Read 1193 times)

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • Fair Oaks, CA
    • FaceBook
  • VJB#1 Make: Galaxie
  • VJB#2 Make: PMS (Pacific Marine Service)
Re: Web site to look up hull VIN numbers
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 03:04:12 PM »
Keep your Hot Boat wet @ VintageJetBoats.com | VintageJetBoat.com | VJBForum.com | VJB4um.com | VintageHotBoat.com

Offline 1100kaw

• VJB#1 Make: Taylor
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 07:34:33 PM »
Hey Guys, Speaking of Hull ID numbers. Anyone ever had this happen? I just put a title in my name about a month ago and I received a notice from Ohio DNR  division of watercraft just the other day. It states." our office is requesting imformation given on title number xxxxxx for a 1979 Spectra boat with serial number SYExxxxxxxx. This number appears to be in error"
   Soooo. I call em. It seems the problem is the SYE part. They say Spectra should be XXU.
   They also show title is fine and has changed hands numerous times in its lifetime with no flags, now i'm the lucky one .
They want a pencil rub of the H I N. I explained it has been covered with a few paint jobs and I can only make out just a few squiggles of numbers and the pencil thing aint gonna work. Now I have to tow to a DNR watercraft Official for them to inspect and see the same thing i told em. They said they will prob just sign off on it. WTF? If its no big deal, why the hassel?
   It will probably be fine, just  P I T A!
   Any Ideas on why my Serial number starts with SYE? (according to the title) Anyone out there with an old Spectra Jet that has the same 1st three letters? Or different? Than XXU or SYE?
  The SYE dont even come up on the website???
  Sorry to be long winded, thanks for taking a minute to read. Any input appreciated
Darrell

Offline "THE ADVOCATE"

• Global Moderator
  • LANCHA ESTUPIDA
    • Salt Lake City
  • VJB#1 Make: Sleek Craft
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 09:15:42 AM »
 I didn't get a title for my boat or trailer (both were lost) when I bought it, just a bill of sale and an old liscence plate. I do have clear hin numbers though. Havn't done it yet but I guess I have to call the police to come and run the numbers before I officially register the boat. I sure hope I'm not restoing a cool ride for someone else! :furious3:
I'm not a slow learner, I'm just not easily convinced.

Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum
http://www.vintagejetboats.com