Author Topic: Weiand Blowers headsup  (Read 861 times)

Offline jrork

Weiand Blowers headsup
« on: June 26, 2010, 04:19:50 PM »
Just a heads up, I had notice that my blower belt had stretched. Not much but loose'r than recommended (1/2" on the long side) so I snugged it up a touch. It didn't take much but I was surprised because the last time I ran it I had snugged it up as well.  Turns out that the studs had broken.

Do me a favor, drill out the stock spacers and just run 5/16 x 18 in 6" length and never have to worry about it.  I hate to think what coulda happened if that had broke completely while boating.

John

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • Fair Oaks, CA
    • FaceBook
  • VJB#1 Make: Galaxie
  • VJB#2 Make: PMS (Pacific Marine Service)
Re: Weiand Blowers headsup
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 06:57:31 PM »
Nice heads up John.... Thanks
Keep your Hot Boat wet @ VintageJetBoats.com | VintageJetBoat.com | VJBForum.com | VJB4um.com | VintageHotBoat.com

Offline Running Wild

• 1979 Tahiti Boss cruiser 460 BB
    • Salem, Oregon
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 08:14:57 PM »
I always wonder what it would feel like to get your long haired hotty hair in da belt...ouch

Offline jetboatperformance

• Marine Dealer, Jet Boat Parts, Service & Jet Tech
    • 6937 Sycamore #B Atascadero Ca 93422
    • jetboatperformance.com
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 09:03:45 AM »
Just a heads up, I had notice that my blower belt had stretched. Not much but loose'r than recommended (1/2" on the long side) so I snugged it up a touch. It didn't take much but I was surprised because the last time I ran it I had snugged it up as well.  Turns out that the studs had broken.

Do me a favor, drill out the stock spacers and just run 5/16 x 18 in 6" length and never have to worry about it.  I hate to think what coulda happened if that had broke completely while boating.

John

Good info John , I've been in communication with the Holley (Weiand Tech folks) and their upper level managment on another issue and the recently sent me some parts for Proppy's blower direct , since I have the same setup and this would be of concern I'll talk to them and see what the have to say Tommy

btw RW the way to keep the Hotty's hair out is a nice Blower belt guard  ;)

JET BOAT PERFORMANCE, Best Prices, Best Tech , and Unmatched Customer Service www.jetboatperformance.com www.jetboatperformance.biz  NEW PAGES & FEATURES 805 466 4719

Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum
http://www.vintagejetboats.com