Author Topic: What the heck?????  (Read 796 times)

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • Fair Oaks, CA
    • FaceBook
  • VJB#1 Make: Galaxie
  • VJB#2 Make: PMS (Pacific Marine Service)
What the heck?????
« on: September 07, 2010, 05:59:20 PM »

Ok Steve, saw this in your Album in the Gallery, you trying to fill it with water???   :o

Offline CheckmateJetmate74

• WESTERN MASS
Re: What the heck?????
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 06:17:33 PM »
that happens to me all the time.  lol   it gets right to the edge where my cover use to be,    one day I backed in a little 2 fast and a few gallons of water got in,  lol  nice Pic
1974 Checkmate "Jetmate"  Olds 455 ,  Jacuzzi 12 yj with Energizer Kit  aa Impeller and Place Divertor

Offline Oldmxdog61u

• 79 Tahiti Super Cruiser
    • Rainbow Valley, Arizona
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 08:20:43 PM »
I guess you forgot to take the transom tie downs off?     Or is it just the steep angle of the ramp?  My favorite is about now is when. Some boat comes in pushing a big wave which indeed will go over my transom.  That stinks!

Offline 78_Tahiti

• Global Moderator
  • Jet boat exerciser
    • NorCal
  • VJB#1 Make: Tahiti
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 01:11:59 AM »
Tie Downs were off! that is a pic when I was launching at Tower Park Marina in the Delta. Talk about a STEEP RAMP!! most of the guys have one of the 2 tractors launch their boats. They lower the tongue of the trailer a little. I didnt get any water inside. what was really crazy was, the ramp steward is like "come on back ez, a little more" I stop and said " dude, I cant even see my friken boat!"  It was a trip, a great adventure though. about 20 jet boats did a 25 mile delta cruise to have lunch, then took a different route back to tower park. took all day. was a blast!
If It Floats, F@cks, or Flies, Its Cheaper to RENT IT!

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • Fair Oaks, CA
    • FaceBook
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 06:26:32 AM »
Thats near downtown Sac then?
Keep your Hot Boat wet @ VintageJetBoats.com | VintageJetBoat.com | VJBForum.com | VJB4um.com | VintageHotBoat.com

Offline 78_Tahiti

• Global Moderator
  • Jet boat exerciser
    • NorCal
  • VJB#1 Make: Tahiti
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 03:21:06 PM »
No. well kind of, LOL! thats Tower Park, Interstate 5 and Highway 12, almost Lodi. Just trailer the boats down south about 45 minutes. there is about a 1,000 miles of sloughs and waterways down there. You can cruise all the way to the Golden Gate Bridge if you wanted too! hundreds of little marinas & resturaunts. You need a good delta map and a gps doesn't hurt either.
If It Floats, F@cks, or Flies, Its Cheaper to RENT IT!

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • Fair Oaks, CA
    • FaceBook
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 04:52:18 PM »
I have not ever had a good experiance on the delta or the river...  Once maybe... Uhhhh nope!!! No all around good experiences!!!
Keep your Hot Boat wet @ VintageJetBoats.com | VintageJetBoat.com | VJBForum.com | VJB4um.com | VintageHotBoat.com

Offline 76Nordic

• Brea,CA The OC
  • VJB#1 Make: 76 Nordic
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 05:20:58 PM »
Well let's hear em David :angel: i have never been there, so just curious :-\

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • Fair Oaks, CA
    • FaceBook
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 09:21:43 PM »
Well lets see....
1) Location: Near the Tower Bridge in Old Town Sac, The current was so fast that one of the stringers on my trailer was broke when the current pushed my boat off the side of the trailer.
2) Location:  The delta near Mountain House, sucked some crap into my pump, had to replace the seal. Also got hi by a tsunami that a wake board boat created. 3" of freakin' water in the new interior!!!
3) Launched at Elk Horn and while running down the narrow river, a ship the size of a Disney Cruise Liner made a wake that I could surf my boat on!!!!

Just not fun....
I will need to go with Steve (78_Tahiti) some time because he has never had a bad word about the river or delta....   :)

Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum
http://www.vintagejetboats.com