Author Topic: Header Gaskets  (Read 591 times)

Offline CheckmateJetmate74

• WESTERN MASS
Header Gaskets
« on: August 16, 2010, 08:48:13 AM »
Hey   I was just wondering what everyone uses for Header Gaskets on there boats..   I keep having problems with the Gaskets either leaking or Blowing out,   I tryed the Copper Gaskets,   Percys Carbon Gaskets,  Doubling up on gaskets with some Copper Silocone,    I put the Percys Split Lock bolts in  to keep them from Loosing out,      Any Ideas?     im taking the headers off today  and hopefully will have the  new Crankcase Evacuation System  installed by the end of the week.    Leat me know if there are any good Gaskets for the Olds 455,   thanks guys

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • Fair Oaks, CA
    • FaceBook
  • VJB#1 Make: Galaxie
  • VJB#2 Make: PMS (Pacific Marine Service)
Re: Header Gaskets
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 10:46:56 AM »
Percy's aluminum gaskets are great, I check my headers for tightness before every outing...
No more leaks....
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PHP-66035/
Keep your Hot Boat wet @ VintageJetBoats.com | VintageJetBoat.com | VJBForum.com | VJB4um.com | VintageHotBoat.com

• WESTERN MASS
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 12:37:04 PM »
Thanks David  i"ll give the Aluminum a Try,  i am going to try  the breather system threw the headers also,   while I have them off Im going to get the Pipes with the kit Welded to the Headers..  Hopefull all the oil blow by will be Taken care of after that, and the Leaky Headers
1974 Checkmate "Jetmate"  Olds 455 ,  Jacuzzi 12 yj with Energizer Kit  aa Impeller and Place Divertor

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • Fair Oaks, CA
    • FaceBook
  • VJB#1 Make: Galaxie
  • VJB#2 Make: PMS (Pacific Marine Service)
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 02:44:07 PM »
very cool Mate.... get us some before and after pics huh? I was looking at Tom's and it looked like he had the tubes going into the headers angled toward the front of the engine. Make sure to do some mock ups with your hose from the valve cover before welding.
Keep your Hot Boat wet @ VintageJetBoats.com | VintageJetBoat.com | VJBForum.com | VJB4um.com | VintageHotBoat.com

Offline 78_Tahiti

• Global Moderator
  • Jet boat exerciser
    • NorCal
  • VJB#1 Make: Tahiti
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 07:04:07 PM »
I use the Percy's aluminum gaskets as well, been the best ones I have tried by far!
If It Floats, F@cks, or Flies, Its Cheaper to RENT IT!

• WESTERN MASS
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 09:38:51 AM »
Thanks Tahiti,   I'll def will try out the Aluminum
1974 Checkmate "Jetmate"  Olds 455 ,  Jacuzzi 12 yj with Energizer Kit  aa Impeller and Place Divertor

Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum
http://www.vintagejetboats.com