Author Topic: Looking for some opinions...Wriedt  (Read 5602 times)

Offline Sleek Freak

• NUTTZ
    • Hooper Utah
Re: Looking for some opinions...Wriedt
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 11:31:32 AM »
do a search on the berkeley pumps. the je and jf pumps mount different than the jb, jc,  jg, etc.  the jf and je both
 have a built in mount flange to mount to the transom the others just mount to the floor and use the cover plate to seal the transom area. hope that helps.

Offline wolfie

• NUTTZ
    • Draper, UT 35 minutes from Utah Lake
  • VJB#1 Make: Eliminator
  • VJB#2 Make: Sundance
  • Other Boat#1 Make: Naples Sabot
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 11:36:05 AM »
Thanks guys! They are asking 1500, but seem negotiable. The only problem is I'm 4 hours from the boat which isn't a bad thing but wanted to be sure it wasn't going to be a waste of a trip. According to the owner the interior was just replaced 3 years ago but looking at the pictures and amount of leaves just on the seat I'm sure there is a lot of rot under the floor. Are you sure about the jet? I can't see where the bell bolts are which made me think it was the 12JF.

The hood...I love it! :biggrin:

On the 12JF/JE, the suction housing bolts directly to a tunnel in the transom and will not have a transom plate. The suction and intake are actually outside the hull. The JB/JC/JG housings actually have the intake set in the hull and go through the transom. The bowl is that of a 12JC as it's a one piece bowl.

"Save the Endangered Tree Octopus! It's as real a threat to our planet as global warming!" http://zapatopi.net/treeoctopus/

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • Fair Oaks, CA
    • FaceBook
  • VJB#1 Make: Galaxie
  • VJB#2 Make: PMS (Pacific Marine Service)
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 11:47:59 AM »
Looks just like mine minus the JOV anyhow...

Keep your Hot Boat wet @ VintageJetBoats.com | VintageJetBoat.com | VJBForum.com | VJB4um.com | VintageHotBoat.com

Offline 78_Tahiti

• Global Moderator
  • Jet boat exerciser
    • NorCal
  • VJB#1 Make: Tahiti
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 11:54:49 AM »
Looks like a fun project Vincent!  :hi: to the madness!  :biggrin:
If It Floats, F@cks, or Flies, Its Cheaper to RENT IT!

Offline Sleek Freak

• NUTTZ
    • Hooper Utah
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 12:00:19 PM »
jf pump in the one picture and the other picture is a jc pump like the one you're looking at

Offline bigvincent

• South Jersey
  • VJB#1 Make: looking
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 02:09:35 PM »
Oh ok, now I see the difference. So it's a JC then. Trying to get some more pictures sent, so hopefully if it's still around next weekend maybe I'll try to make a deal.

Offline Sleek Freak

• NUTTZ
    • Hooper Utah
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 03:03:53 PM »
 berks have a ID. tag just above the input shaft inside the boat. its stamped with all info. of what the pump was stock.
remember people sometimes change parts around like bowls, nozzles, shaft, impellers, rudders etc upon rebuild or
for performance mods.

this ebay one went for $1100
 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-Wriedt-19ft-Jet-Boat-Stk-210079-NO-RESERVE-/140641658374

heres one on a double axle trailer  1975 Wriedt Maverick Jet Boat Bbc

Offline bigvincent

• South Jersey
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2012, 04:51:55 PM »
berks have a ID. tag just above the input shaft inside the boat. its stamped with all info. of what the pump was stock.
remember people sometimes change parts around like bowls, nozzles, shaft, impellers, rudders etc upon rebuild or
for performance mods.

this ebay one went for $1100
 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-Wriedt-19ft-Jet-Boat-Stk-210079-NO-RESERVE-/140641658374

heres one on a double axle trailer  1975 Wriedt Maverick Jet Boat Bbc

I would kill for something like that for the price! There just aren't any I can find on the east coast, when I do they are asking west coast prices for complete basket cases.

I just got off the phone and apparently the transom needs to be replaced (no biggie) but then I have to assume the stringer are wet as well. I ask about the engine, owner has no real clue. "How many hours would you estimate?" reply: "hours? what do you mean hours?" So I would have assume engine rebuild in near future, which is something I would actually look forward to.

I was wrong about flexible on the price, I was thinking current condition $800 figure I am driving 4 hours to get it. Does that seem too low or is $1500 normal for a boat in this condition?

This will be my first "jet" boat so I am a little green.  Thanks for the guidance!

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • Fair Oaks, CA
    • FaceBook
  • VJB#1 Make: Galaxie
  • VJB#2 Make: PMS (Pacific Marine Service)
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2012, 05:13:48 PM »
No biggie to replace the transom? Sounds like lots of work to me...  :4_12_2:

I would stay way far away from a hull that needs the transom replaced!!!  :41616-4:

Unless it was like a SWTD and it would still need to be at a great price!!!  :werd:

Just my opinion though...   :zz2cents:
Keep your Hot Boat wet @ VintageJetBoats.com | VintageJetBoat.com | VJBForum.com | VJB4um.com | VintageHotBoat.com

Offline bigvincent

• South Jersey
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2012, 05:18:28 PM »
No biggie to replace the transom? Sounds like lots of work to me...  :4_12_2:

I would stay way far away from a hull that needs the transom replaced!!!  :41616-4:

Unless it was like a SWTD and it would still need to be at a great price!!!  :werd:

Just my opinion though...   :zz2cents:

Yea your right "no biggie" was probably the wrong phrase. What I meant was it's not something that would kill the deal if I could get it at a good price.

Trying to learn all the acronyms, what does SWTD stand for?

Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum
http://www.vintagejetboats.com