Author Topic: RemFlex Compressable Exhaust Gaskets  (Read 1073 times)

Offline 78_Tahiti

• Global Moderator
  • Jet boat exerciser
    • NorCal
  • VJB#1 Make: Tahiti
RemFlex Compressable Exhaust Gaskets
« on: January 23, 2012, 04:43:25 PM »
While I was at one of the local speed shops today drooling over a 1000HP blown & intercooled engine that they had for sale. I ran accrossed a new display of header & flange gaskets. The prices on the gaskets were a little less then on the companys web site http://catalog.remflex.com/default.asp But these look awesome! They are 100% graphite, but they are about 1/4" thick, and by design, crush down to around 1/8". Their claim is they will seal any flange with up to 1/16" warpage! The key item here is they are graphite! Graphite doesnt burn until like 3000 degrees F. I think Im going to grab a set for my 460. the sealing area is so narrow on a 460 they always seem to develop a little leak, even with the aluminum gaskets I am using now!

Offline "THE ADVOCATE"

• Global Moderator
  • LANCHA ESTUPIDA
    • Salt Lake City
  • VJB#1 Make: Sleek Craft
Re: RemFlex Compressable Exhaust Gaskets
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 07:43:55 PM »
Cool deal Steve! I am definately looking into those since I am doing some header work. 3000 deg. to burn graphite huh? I had to do some air arc gouging Friday to burn out some 7/8" rivets, I knew those graphite/copper jacket rods were hot but not that hot!  :sign0068:
I'm not a slow learner, I'm just not easily convinced.

Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum
http://www.vintagejetboats.com