Author Topic: I need a good replacement motor for the 455 Olds in my jet boat  (Read 4606 times)

Offline wolfie

• NUTTZ
    • Draper, UT 35 minutes from Utah Lake
  • VJB#1 Make: Eliminator
  • VJB#2 Make: Sundance
  • Other Boat#1 Make: Naples Sabot
Re: I need a good replacement motor for the 455 Olds in my jet boat
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2012, 05:01:51 PM »
So, did Monty ever find an Olds? Or was he just kickin' tires?...... Motor is still in the boat, ready to test.
Ray

PS David, check your email for mini cruiser pics....
Got 'em that man... Trying to figure out a way to pull this off... Need to get my 21' mini day off my trailer and find the gas money and time to head to AZ...  I will put those pics up tonight...

It's really easy!!! Start truck, put in reverse, throttle to the floor, lock up brakes, boat off trailer!!! I see it all the time on the YouTube  bloopers!!

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • Fair Oaks, CA
    • FaceBook
  • VJB#1 Make: Galaxie
  • VJB#2 Make: PMS (Pacific Marine Service)
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2012, 05:04:28 PM »
I was thinking rope hooked to ski tow hooked to tree!!! Put 'er in low and go!!!
Keep your Hot Boat wet @ VintageJetBoats.com | VintageJetBoat.com | VJBForum.com | VJB4um.com | VintageHotBoat.com

Offline wolfie

• NUTTZ
    • Draper, UT 35 minutes from Utah Lake
  • VJB#1 Make: Eliminator
  • VJB#2 Make: Sundance
  • Other Boat#1 Make: Naples Sabot
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2012, 05:09:25 PM »
I was thinking rope hooked to ski tow hooked to tree!!! Put 'er in low and go!!!
That'll work too.. Just put some tires under the rear of the boat as it comes off.. Then you can use a cherry picker on the bow eye. I guess that's better than my way. At least a little less destructive.  :biggrin:
"Save the Endangered Tree Octopus! It's as real a threat to our planet as global warming!" http://zapatopi.net/treeoctopus/

Offline Moneypit

• Bullhead City, Az/Newbury Park, Ca
  • VJB#1 Make: Tahiti
  • VJB#2 Make: Tahiti
  • VJB#3 Make: J.J. Custom (Challenger splash)
  • Other Boat#1 Make: 68 Hydroflite
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2012, 08:06:59 PM »
So, did Monty ever find an Olds? Or was he just kickin' tires?...... Motor is still in the boat, ready to test.
Ray

PS David, check your email for mini cruiser pics....
Got 'em that man... Trying to figure out a way to pull this off... Need to get my 21' mini day off my trailer and find the gas money and time to head to AZ...  I will put those pics up tonight...

No sweat on this end. I have a forklift and an "A" frame, as well as the river if we used a little duct tape on the openings...... :zz22_yikes:
Ray
LOUD BOATS SAVE LIVES

Offline MrBadTouch

• Cen Cal
  • VJB#1 Make: Tahiti
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2012, 07:33:53 AM »
No to thread hi-jack but if you havent found one im looking te sell the 455 out of my boat to repower it with a bbc. Its complete from tunnel ram to pan including a really nice set of bassetts

Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum
http://www.vintagejetboats.com