Author Topic: Broken filler neck!!!  (Read 1017 times)

Offline Sangersquirt

• redwood city
  • VJB#1 Make: Sanger
Broken filler neck!!!
« on: July 09, 2010, 12:37:08 PM »
I filled up both tanks on the way to CFW last weekend.  ;D  Only to have a gallon or two spill out on the drive in!  ???  Turns out the weld on one of my tanks completely failed!!! (At the filler neck).  I managed to get it drained and still ran for the rest of the weekend.  If anyone has any fuel tanks or can weld  on the cheap let me know.    P.S.  We'll be back at CFW 7/16-7/18.  IK'm in the black n blue Sanger Super Jet.  (south shore)

Thank for readin,  Brian

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • Fair Oaks, CA
    • FaceBook
  • VJB#1 Make: Galaxie
  • VJB#2 Make: PMS (Pacific Marine Service)
Re: Broken filler neck!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 12:45:57 PM »
That happened to me last year except it was just a cracked hose from the filler to the tank, easy fix. I don't have a connection up here for a welder. Sorry man  :(
Keep your Hot Boat wet @ VintageJetBoats.com | VintageJetBoat.com | VJBForum.com | VJB4um.com | VintageHotBoat.com

Offline Crewchief

• So. Cal.
  • VJB#1 Make: Hondo
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 07:20:06 PM »
Check with your local radiator shops, many will be willing to weld/repair fuel tanks.

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • Fair Oaks, CA
    • FaceBook
  • VJB#1 Make: Galaxie
  • VJB#2 Make: PMS (Pacific Marine Service)
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 07:22:36 PM »
Good call CC.....
Keep your Hot Boat wet @ VintageJetBoats.com | VintageJetBoat.com | VJBForum.com | VJB4um.com | VintageHotBoat.com

Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum
http://www.vintagejetboats.com