Author Topic: Tarva info?  (Read 914 times)

Offline Hotrodnailhead

• Phoenix, AZ
    • Midnighters Car Club Phoenix
  • VJB#1 Make: Tarva
Tarva info?
« on: October 02, 2011, 10:11:32 PM »
Hello all,  This is my first post on this forum, but I've been using it for it's wealth of information about vintage jets.

I recently picked up a 21' '76 Tarva and I'm looking for information about the boat manufacturer.

I know that they are still around in Clovis CA as Fiberglass Unlimited, and there is a bunch of info regarding the history on Facebook, but I'm looking for advertising with a logo or something...  Has anyone seen anything like that?

Thanks in advance!

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • Fair Oaks, CA
    • FaceBook
  • VJB#1 Make: Galaxie
  • VJB#2 Make: PMS (Pacific Marine Service)
Re: Tarva info?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 05:56:31 AM »
I don't have anything yet but, I met a couple out at CFW yesterday that have a bunch of Hot Boat magazines and ads from the 60's & 70's and I'm hoping to start getting those scanned in and uploaded. There might be some Tarva info in there...
Keep your Hot Boat wet @ VintageJetBoats.com | VintageJetBoat.com | VJBForum.com | VJB4um.com | VintageHotBoat.com

Offline Hotrodnailhead

• Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 12:11:06 PM »
that would be awesome!

Here's a picture... everyone likes pictures...

Offline Kona Kandi

• Lake Oroville, Ca.
  • VJB#1 Make: Kona
  • Other Boat#1 Make: Patio Cruiser
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 06:24:05 PM »
Can't say I've heard of Tarva before. But that is a beautiful boat... Congrats :cheers:
It doesn't really  matter whether you win or lose...
as long as you look good doing it.

Offline roblock

• Eureka Ca
  • VJB#1 Make: Rowdy Manufacturing
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 06:56:50 PM »
That boat sure has am awesome shine... I have nothing on Tarva, but I will look at more pics...  :biggrin:

That is an interesting scoop. I assume it is factory?

What kind of engine?

Offline Hotrodnailhead

• Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 08:09:50 PM »
Thanks for the compliments!

Yeah, I'm not sure if the scoop is factory or not, but I'm not too fond of it.  It looks like a mailbox.  I'm thinking about removing it and replacing with an aluminum scoop on top of the carb.

It's an Olds 455 with a Berkeley jet.

When I got the boat it had a coat of clear over the whole thing... it took me a week to get all the clear off and about two more days to polish the gel.

A couple more pictures... One at saguaro lake, and pressure washing the clear from the textured gel.

Offline roblock

• Eureka Ca
  • VJB#1 Make: Rowdy Manufacturing
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 08:58:38 PM »
Hmm... are you sure that was clear coat? I am wondering if it was not some type of acrylic sealer like Island Girl or Poliglow...

Anyway, Nice engine/ jet combo... should push that big boat really good. And some of these boys (not me though) can tell you everything you don't already know about that engine and jet.

The scoop does look a little odd, but hey... its the only one around.
That counts for somethin eh?  :biggrin:

Offline Hotrodnailhead

• Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 10:33:30 PM »
Whatever that clear was, it came off in sheets. I wish i would have gotten some pictures of the process. It would have made everyone freak-out... That i took a razor blade to my boat! :zz22_yikes:

It was pretty thick.  I was trying anything to get under it just a little, and it would peel right off. I used compressed air for a while, then pressure wash, then i busted out the razor blade.

If you hold it 'just so' it doesn't leave a trace, and i could take off 3ft long strips.. It was cool. Then a little buff and it shined like new. I'm pretty happy with it.

Offline beachcomber

• Tonopah,Az.
  • VJB#1 Make: Beachcomber
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 05:20:02 AM »
Good looking boat !! Have you ever taken it to Parker ?

Offline Hotrodnailhead

• Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2011, 08:27:10 AM »
I have only had it on the water one time since taking posession of it, and that was at Saguaro.

Looking forward to taking it to the river sometime!

Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum
http://www.vintagejetboats.com