Author Topic: Carbs or injection?  (Read 2079 times)

Offline R51959

• SCOTT LOUISIANA
  • VJB#1 Make: SOUTHWIND
Re: Carbs or injection?
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 04:40:42 PM »
Thanks for all the information guys. a lot to think about . kinda like my vertex so i hate to get rid of it the main reason i got rid of the injector set up was when we came  to shutdown i would pull the fuel cut off the last four injectors on the rear would bleed down fuel all over the blower.called hilborn they said the shotgun setup was not a good fit for a boat . just afraid of fire you know. so went back to carb . might consider going back with a enderle birdcatcher . for the kind of riding we do i'm not looking for more speed just reliability. when i picked up this boat it was in the process of being restored did not know much about it. motor was in place but everything else was in boxes. pump was rebuilt by mikes pump and speed in Houston. have no idea what cam or pistons are in there but i pulled the valve covers off and i can see roller rockers and stud girdles and a roller cam . so i assume someone had dumped a few bucks into it. unfortunately there is not a big jet boat presence in south Louisiana.so all this info is great and i thank everyone who responded.

Offline 78_Tahiti

• Global Moderator
  • Jet boat exerciser
    • NorCal
  • VJB#1 Make: Tahiti
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 05:38:18 PM »
One other thing you may consider. If your comfortable with carbs, is think about a pair of them at least. At least then your not trying to suck bowling balls through a garden hose! Lets see some pics   :zdrool: , and let us know what you decide to go with, and how it works out for your application! Thanks Steve Mac.
If It Floats, F@cks, or Flies, Its Cheaper to RENT IT!

Offline R51959

• SCOTT LOUISIANA
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2011, 07:30:50 PM »
I  thinking that way too. just add another 750 up there and help the engine breath easier. have two 11 gallon tanks now . i can ride a better part of the day with that . will post pictures later

Offline Sleek Freak

• NUTTZ
    • Hooper Utah
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2011, 08:39:46 PM »
anybody run predators anymore?

Offline 78_Tahiti

• Global Moderator
  • Jet boat exerciser
    • NorCal
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2011, 08:46:10 PM »
anybody run predators anymore?
I havent seen but 1 or 2 of them in use sleek, for years!

Offline TIMINATOR

• Avondale,AZ.
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2011, 07:16:02 AM »
If you want to go back to injection, I have a new Bug and Bird for sale cheap, and a bunch more injection stuff. Crower 2.9 stacks too, converted to EFI (not relevant to your blower deal though. TIMINATOR
MODESTY IS A CRUTCH FOR INCOMPETENCE!

Offline R51959

• SCOTT LOUISIANA
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 07:39:43 AM »
Thanks tim but already bought a second 750 for the top .

Offline 454 blue boat

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2011, 10:11:32 AM »

Offline 78_Tahiti

• Global Moderator
  • Jet boat exerciser
    • NorCal
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2011, 11:35:22 AM »
If you want to go back to injection, I have a new Bug and Bird for sale cheap, and a bunch more injection stuff. Crower 2.9 stacks too, converted to EFI (not relevant to your blower deal though. TIMINATOR
Hey Tim, Im not ready yet. But I would like to do something a little unique with the motor for my Hondo. What kind of money are we talking about for the Crower setup? or do you have any of the old Hilborn or Kinser FI stuff laying around? I have a 460 or a 454 engine I can build for the boat.

Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum - Click here to be redirected to the NEW Forum
http://www.vintagejetboats.com